Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mitchell Ride!!

This past weekend I did one of my favorite rides. We left early Sunday morning and drove to the small town of Mitchell about an hour and a half NE of Bend. There were eleven of us and it was a great group to ride with. The ride is only 66 miles, however you climb over 6,666 feet. It’s the hardest 66 miles that I have ever done. O.B.R.A was going to do a race on this very course earlier in the year however it was cancelled. I think this would be one of the hardest races in Oregon.

It was one of those rides that you will always remember. It was a beautiful day, and the scenery is awesome with the step valleys and canyons. The climbs are long and hard, plus there are few cars out on the roads. Its just a great ride.

Next on the schedule is the rehearsal road race, and following that I will stay the week in P town (Portland) with the Rathe’s and get in so riding with the team.





No comments: