Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two hundreds

Tortilla flats was all it was made out to be. An easy ride for the first fifty but an all out race the last fifty. Not only did we ride one hundred miles it was also one hundred degrees out on the tarmac. The ride was beautiful winding through canyons which are rivaled only by the great Grand Canyon itself. When the riding got fast my legs felt good, in fact I set five new watt average bests on my 1,5,10,30 and 120 minute power records. However, the long day didn’t come without damage to the pack, three riders called it quits before the fifty mile mark and on the final climb things blew apart. It was another great day on the bike, but tomorrow will be another death ride up the slopes of Mt. Lemmon.

Ian


2 comments:

flightboz said...

Nice photo's. Keep em coming.

Ryan & Becky McKean said...

those are my old stomping grounds, I hope you enjoyed Mt. Lemmon and the Gates Pass experience, oh and the warm weather. ryan