Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ain't Nobody!

Last spring, I was riding with my friend and fellow Oregon racer Quinn Keogh, and being the funny man that he is he shared some entertaining youtube videos with me. Typically if someone wants to show me a video online I refuse, for I feel it is a waste of time. Quinn however, got me to check out a video about a body builder named Ronnie Coleman, and in awe of the shear size of this man I continued to watch the video. As he prepared to squat an unfathomable amount of weight he said something that has stuck with me ever since, "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, ain't no body want to lift this heavy ass weight!". What he said was true- we all want to look like this or live like that, but many people don't want to do the work required to achieve these desires. During these past three weeks in Chico, I have been pleasured by good weather and great rides, but with winter and rain looming in the coming months I will keep Ronnie in mind, with my own added twist.

Everybody wants to be a pro bike racer, ain't nobody want to do this hard ass training!

Happy Thanksgiving
Ian
Here is a link to a short video of his:

No comments: